10 Tips To Help Kids 4 Fun Crafts For Kids 4 Great Ideas For Helping 5 Ways To Help Kids A Driveway Alarm A Piano Dealer Can Help Kids African Children Charity Donations Amber Alert Saves Childrens Lives Avoid Weight Loss Side Effects Bean Bag Chairs Help Kids Buy Wholesale Children Clothing Can Life Coaches Help Kids Children Should Learn Do Puzzles Dressing Up Can Help Kids Everyones Responsibility You Can Save Children From Piggy Bank Get The Most From Childrens Education Goedkope Kinderkleding Help Kids Concentrate Help Kids Develop Help Kids Excel At School Help Kids Grow Tall Effectively Help Kids Grow Tall Naturally Help Kids Learn Spanish Help Kids and Own Business Help Your Children Helping Kids Care for the Ideas Helping Kids Form Balanced Opinions Helping Kids Lose Weight Helping Kids Who Dont Like Read How To Create Teddy Bear How To Draw How To Encourage Your Kids Save Money How Youth Sports Help Kids How Save a Child From Poverty How to Help Kids Grow Tall Its Time To Change Karate Schools In Royalton Kids Puzzle Games Kids Typing Games Model Good Money Saving Make Fun Cash Saving Children Save Children - Non-Profit Save Children From Hurting Themselves Save Children From Drugs Save Children From Ear Infections Save Children Saving for Your Childrens Future Six Useful Ways To Help Kids Soccer Helps Kids Do Better TV Viewing for Children Teach Your Children The Five People You Meet Tips To Save Children Tips to Help Kids Toddler Bed Rails Plans Travel Pillows Help Kids to Sleed What Are You Doing to Save Children When parents take Children to Visit Publishing
3 Fresh Water Fish That Are Great A Clean Water Filter All Diets Types Are Salt Water Aquariums Best Fad Diets Clean Water Around The World Clean Water Filter Clean Water in Alaska 2008 Cleaning Water Damage Caused By Floods Cleaning Your Fresh Water Aquarium Cleaning Your Fresh Water Aquariums Consuming Fresh Water from Office Water Diets Dont Work 12 Facts Dont Be Confused Dont Go In The Water Drinking Clean Water How to Purify Drinking Enough Clean Water Produces Natural Enjoying Nature and Family Time in Fresh Fresh Water Aquariums Should Fresh Water Fishing Night Fresh Water in Household Dont Be Deceived Get endless supply of pure clean Group Health Insurance Quote Tips Health Your Most Valuable Asset Health Care Reform Why Are People Health Insurance Fraud Health and Medical Insurance Comparing High School Wrestling Diet How to Become a Home How to Clean Water How to Select Genuine Natural Fresh Incredible Fresh Water Filters Health Is the New High Lets Talk About Fad Diets Low Carbohydrate Diet Revolution A History Low Carb Diet Should I or Shouldnt Maintaining a Clean Water Mental Health Maintenance Is Made New reservoir to keep city Reliable Water Cooler Suppliers Have Ample Sea Water Treatment transformation Summer Time Fresh Water Top 40 Health Quotations Understanding HMO PPO and FFS Health Water Well Drilling Romeo Service Water cooler A source Water of California Is All the Fresh Weight Loss Diet Reviews When Your Health Insurance Plan Wont water Safety Red Light
10 Tips To Help Kids
The prospect of moving a residence can be hugely unsettling for children. The idea of losing the only home they know, their school and their friends all at one time, may seem almost inconceivable. Below are some tips that can help all children make a smooth transition to a new home.
1. Generally it is best to let children know about a move once a decision has been made. Telling a child that they "might" move, may cause uncertainty, confusion and anxiety.
2. Prepare the child for the move. Give them information about their new community and new school. If possible, bring your child to the new neighborhood. Show him the house he will be living in. Drop by his new school. If this is not doable, try to find your neighborhood on Google Earth and walk the neighborhood virtually.
3. Create a book of resources about the new area. This can include a map, brochures of local kids clubs, activities and teams. Also include brochures of places that might be of special interest to your child, such as an amusement park, planetarium or a professional sports team in the area.
4. After your child has reviewed all the materials about his new home, ask him what kinds of clubs or teams he might like to join once he moves. Make a list. This will encourage the child to think positively about the move, and focus on opportunities and new experiences.
5. Ideally, it would be best for children to be with a relative or friend on moving day. Seeing their things being unpacked can be unsettling for some children. If you can set up the child's room before he arrives at the new house, this will give him a sense of stability, and the house will be introduced as more of a home.
6. With the advent of texting and the internet, it is easy for kids to stay in touch with friends and relatives from the old neighborhood. These contacts can offer emotional support while your child is adjusting socially to his new environment. Over time, there will be a natural attrition in this correspondence as the child becomes involved with kids and activities in his new neighborhood.
7. Schedule family activities soon after the move. This will give kids a sense of a belonging in an unfamiliar place.
8. Meet your neighbors. Whether you go door to door and introduce yourselves or strike up conversations on the street or in park, model friendliness for your children. Show them how to meet new people and make new friends.
9. Join a local church or club to meet new people as a family.
Atlanta Dream Center Metro Kidz 2011